Subject: Re: moving balls on water
From: [email-masked] (Fernando Martins)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 09:17:34 -0700

>the same xyz coordinates, and save as source object. Next apply your
>displacement map to the source object (looks like 1 point). The 4
>points all move to the same new location. Now morph the 4 point source object
>100% into the box, and render out a preview. The box will bob around
>without distorting it's shape.

>Render out your ball, and save it as an image. Map it on the morphed
>box, and the ball will bob around.

>I tried this, except for mapping the image, and it works. Let me know
>what you think!

If this works, it's a great technique. And if it works for a stupid box, why
bother maping a image to it? Just apply the same technique to the ball and
that's it!

__________________________________________________________________________
        __ _ _
       /_ /|/|          2D and 3D Animation / Special Effects
      /  /   |         http://homepage.esoterica.pt/~fmartins/
      Graphics               (sorry, no english yet...)
       Wizard!                 [email-masked]